Sunday, November 28, 2010

Phase 2: Strength

After XC I have a lot of base. A lot.

Now I need to shift into strength work, to get pure power up, and start turning over, which still retaining my mileage.

This is my fairly certain schedule, which I had to extend to 8 days, because the model of whom I was using is a 1:46 800m runner, and I can't recover as fast as he can, so I added Day 2 below whereas he doesn't have it.

I also tweaked my original model after I talked with coach, and now this is what my next 6-8 weeks will look like, starting tomorrow:

Day 1: AM Base
PM Short Speed (150m-300m), long recovery. Cut downs. Give the legs time.

Day 2: Base + Circuits (haven't written circuit schedule, will add when I finish)

Day 3: (AM optional shakeout)
Aerobic Threshold work, aka fartlek, mile repeats, etc.

Day 4: Base + Circuits

Day 5: AM Tempo. 4-5miles
PM Shake out

Day 6: Base + Weights. Focus on explosiveness.

Day 7: Long(er) Speed Ladder. Either up or down from 200-1600m.

Day 8: LSD.


As you can see, I have an extra day than there are days in a week. Don't worry, IT'S OKAY.

This training schedule is pretty brutal. But dammit, I wrote it, and spent a while debating over it.

I think I can handle it. Maybe not. We'll see.

Likely Combined Distance: 55-65 depending on if the week has the LSD or not.

Solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment