Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Night Wink

On Sunday, I was pushing up one of the only two big hills, 12 miles into my weekly 14 mile long run. I was feeling pretty good and light, but a hill always reminds you how long you have been running.

I started my run as the sun was setting, and by now darkness was virtually hugging the buildings.

I glance upwards in a grimace. It's a bad habit, like I am looking at the sky with annoyance for God giving me the ability to feel pain. The moment I look up, a bright green star streaks across the sky, stretching from Georgetown to Hyattsville

Now I'm not really a superstitious person, but damn that has to mean SOMEthing, right?


Well, even if it doesn't, I'll pretend it will. Placebos are almost as important as real medicine, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment