Sunday, January 30, 2011

Track: Commence

I'll be brief.

I've technically been in track training since I got back to school on the 18th, but yesterday was our first actual hard track workout.

The workout was 2x(6x300), 75sec rest between intervals and 5min rest between the 2 sets.

The goal pace given to me was 46.5, but I went

46.5, 45.5, 46, 46, 46, 46 / 46.5, 46.5, 46, 46, 46, 45

averaging EXACTLY 46s per rep if I did my math right.


Felt fantastic.


Usually I have an issue on these workouts of having to really grind out the last 100m to hit the split right on, but today I just kept my arm form in check, tried to keep my leg swing high and stride rate up while staying relaxed, and I can honestly say that they didn't really HURT until the last 50m of the last 2 or 3.

Getting in shape is fun, especially when you're getting to a place where you've never been. It's exciting to compare yourself to.....yourself in years past and realize that you've never been this fit in your entire life.

In January.


What's gonna happen in April?

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited too. Good to see you lived up to your promise of putting this one on the blog.

    btw, your math is right

    ReplyDelete