Monday, April 19, 2010

Dreams and Drive

We trained through last week, which was annoying because my legs were toast for my race on Saturday. Didn't really matter, but it's never fun to run slow.

When you're in a distance race, and you feel good and ready to go, you wait. When you're ready to move again, you wait. And when you finally are ready to go - you wait 200m more. Then you fucking GO.

We've trained through every meet this year. I'm not really used to the "run fast twice" mentality just yet, but I'm sure I'll get there. Conference is coming up, and the workouts are getting faster, but easier. I'm going to try to go sub4 in the 1500m final (assuming i make it, of course), but place is more important than time, so I'll run as brilliant of a tactical race as I can. Lord knows I've seen every tactic known to man, and tried most of them out, and I know my own strategy, and when to go.

I'm not someone who drops and insane amount of time throughout the season. I go out there, I run hard, and do workouts, and shave off a few tenths here, a second there. My summer (and to a lesser extent, winter) determines how fast I become.

I know I have limits, I just say fuck you and punch them in the face.

"Quinn Chasan from CMS in the lead through 1200meters...."

I've run too hard, and I know it. My legs are screaming and I can barely stay up. There's 300m to go and I can't pick my legs up. I went too hard too early and I'm paying for it. ShitShitShitShitShit. People drift by me as if I'm in a dream, a painful dream. Why'd I run a 29sec 200 in the middle of my 1500?!?! Stupid.....


That was weeks ago, and I ran 4:04. I know I can run sub4. If I do, I will be 109.344 meters away from running a sub4 mile. Every year I will cut that distance down. If you asked anyone on my team if I will run a sub4 mile in my career, they would say no. But I know what I must do. I am arguably one of the most die-hard fans on the planet, and lord knows I know my own body.

Right now, I am about 130m away from a sub4 mile.

Wittle it down, wittle it down, wittle it down.

"With 200m to go Quinn Chasan is at 3:29, he only needs a 30sec last 200m....."

And I'll think back to when I was a 4:21 miler, who could drop a 29sec 200 in the middle of his race to break free.


"And with a finishing time of 3minutes, fi-..."

and the rest is drowned out in the crowd

2 comments:

  1. dude that would be sick if in 4 or 5 years you got to that level! keep working hard and rep WA

    ReplyDelete
  2. you spelled 'dye-hard' wrong >.>

    ReplyDelete